Pumping problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

undercoverfarm5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I bought a fluval sp6. It’s rated at 3434gph. I know this is a lot of water moving at one time and I’m wondering if I’m pushing too much water. The pump will pump for 5 seconds loose prime and then catch again. It’s not a consistent pump. I have a 300 gallon tank that I just set up. Plz any help would do! I’m wondering if I don’t have enough water in the tank/sump but I don’t want to put too much water. IMG_1510807653.570466.jpg

I use a jeboa 12,000[LPH] and it runs fine in my sump for my 180g.So I don't think you are pumping too much.
Do you have an elbow on the pump intake to get it within 1/2 " of the bottom of the sump?

It sounds like the pump is pushing more water than your overflow is letting into the sump.
I’d hope there is a ball valve plumbed in after the return pump that will allow you to dial back what is being pushed out of your return section. This will allow you to match the overflow’s gallons per hour exactly wot the return pump.

It sounds like the pump is pushing more water than your overflow is letting into the sump.
I’d hope there is a ball valve plumbed in after the return pump that will allow you to dial back what is being pushed out of your return section. This will allow you to match the overflow’s gallons per hour exactly wot the return pump.

No ball valve just a one way valve I’ll try to install one just have to get the right fittings

Back
Top Bottom