purchasing fish online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anybody ordered fish from liveaquaria.com?

I am thinking to order like 10 fish from there at once,

is it a good idea?

All my local pet/fish stores fish seem unhealthy to me. Tanks are dirty, some fish are left laying dead in tank for days.

advice?

The order shouldn't be a problem. They also do an arrive alive guarantee I believe.

The concern I have is adding that many fish to a tank at once. Not a good idea IMO.

I`ve ordered a few corals from there but not fish. I prefer to get mine from my LFS so I can see what they look like and to see if they are eating or not. That would probably be too many to add at one time. Your tank wont be able to handle that big a bioload change at one time.

I ordered a seahorse from them , and have ordered corals ... Great customer service but as stated above 10 fish at once will not be good ..

Yea, It sucks because if you order offline, you want to get like 10 just to make the shipping worth it. Have you done some searching for another nearby LFS? I have 6-9 within 20min of my house. Lots of selection.

A lot of places offer either free shipping or greatly reduced shipping charges to locations in their own state.
For florida, saltwaterfish.com is a good example of this...
Matt

does saltwaterfish.com still suck? I took a couple year break from SW, it looks like they have changed their site.

does saltwaterfish.com still suck? I took a couple year break from SW, it looks like they have changed their site.

I ordered from them last month and am happy. Everything packed very well and in a timely manor. I got corals and snails though, no fish. Got good sized portions, extra snails, ect.

I think they got their mummy eye chalice wrong though, as what I got looks identical to alien eye chalice. Still got a nice 1.5in square piece for $25, so not a bad deal at all!

No idea how their fish are, but they offer a 15day guarantee which is better than any other place I know of.

Matt

I had the best experience with live aquaria.com I ordered my Red Mandrian from them. Yes it was expensive but it arrived in a Foam box with packing around it. The fish was in a bag with a black rubber boot around it. to help reduce the light and stress. It also came with a thermal bag to keep the fish warm. Make sure to follow the instructions to the letter about dripping in the fish. Even though my mandrian appeared dead he was just stressed from shipping. It was well worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom