purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Agnate80700

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm considering using for my 150, but I've never used it before. I dont really have a filter to put it in, so I was thinking maybe I'd just stuff one of the glass spacers in my sump with some packets of it, thereby forcing all the water that goes through my sump through the purigen. (I'd probably just put one wall of it, not cram 15 packets in the entire divider) Would this work, or is purigen something you have to force water through at a higher pressure? Would this extract too much from the water?

IME as long as you get at least 100+ GPH through the media it will work very well. I've even used it in my Phosban Reactor 150 without issue.

Your plan sounds fine to me :D Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't clog your water flow but that shouldn't happen for months. I would do it on a down baffle so if it did clog for some reason it would just spill over and keep your water flowing.

IME using more just prolongs it's usefulness and hasn't been an issue either. I use 3 100ml bags for my 55 gal and regenerate them about every 4-5 months now.

Interesting thread on Purigen.

Back
Top Bottom