purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL ... overnight? :shock: j/k

I just bought some for my 27 today to see what it would do. What differences did you notice? I have heard alot of claims from various people and am eager to see what's true and what's not....

Cheers
Steve

its true, i noticed crystal clear water in a couple hours, whjat are you putting yours in? i put mine in "the bag" by seachem

The one I got was for the small 27 in hopes of eliminating the skimmer. It was pre-packaged in the nylon bag by Seachem. It treats upto 100 gal.

I was also interested if you have seen any differences in the chem levels and other water specs?

Cheers
Steve

i think that is also "the bag". i havent noticed any difference in any warter perimaters, the bottle i bought says it wont take out trace ellements.

How does it helps? I've mine in there for a month and i don't notice difference. Still have another bag outside and wonder if it's necessary to have it inside.
The nylon bag burst on my brother's tank and managed to seep to the tank and the fish ate them and they were really cleansed and died.

Purigen removes proteins, nitrites and nitrates, ammonia, and a broad spectrum of organics, yet its impact on trace elements is minimal. It significantly raises redox. It polishes water to unparalleled clarity.

So if I understand this right you could potentially use this stuff for all of your biological filtration needs and not have a protein skimmer at all? :? The only thing you would need would be a mechanical filter for the big junk? What is redox?

Back
Top Bottom