Purple up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
Quick question. Has anyone ever used this product and should I be using it? I had the bottle from a tank I had before. And in my current tank i have mostly dry rock. with a couple of piece of live rock that are covered in purple Coraline algae. Will this product help spread the algae?

It is basically just calcium from what I have been told. Some say it speeds up the coraline growth but most say it is a waste of money. If you have some coraline in the tank such as LR, it should spread on it's own. If I were you, I would let it takes it's own course and be patient.

Use it since you have it, but don't buy any more. It's just a weak solution of calcium chloride and crushed aragonite sand in water.

Interesting thanks for the opinions. I think I am going to use it up. But once I actualy start putting corals in I will have to find a better way to achieve better calcium levels. Any suggestions? I have been looking around so far all I know is I don't want to buy dosing pumps.

Back
Top Bottom