QT Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am building a 10 gallon tank stand and canopy in my woods class at school.I plan on putting it in my room. Could I do a fowlr and a 1 inch sand bed and use it as a qt for my 75? There will be no cycle i am going to use stuff from my 75 to set it up. I plan on adding 1 fish at a time untill my 75 is stocked. I would buy 1 fish and put him in my room, then when he is ready i will put him in the main and replace him imeadeitly. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?? TIA :)

I am setting up my first QT as well. It seems to me that will be OK until you have the first problem with a fish and then you would need to replace everything in the QT or leave it empty til the problem parasite is dead 6-8 weeks.

Yes, but no substrate. Just PVC pipes for the fish to hide in. Do 1 fish at a time and be prepared to do daily water changes to get ammonia under control.
Here is a pic of my 10 gallon qt.

Attachments

• 10gallonqt0001_273.jpg
    10gallonqt0001_273.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 148
It is going to be at the end of my bed and no offence, but i want something a little better looking to watch before falling aslep.

I have heard of people using plastic plants to help decorate the QT tanks.
Ya, thats a good idea. I have used them with a very scared blenny, worked out well. If you want to spend the $$, you could even get some plastic fake corals and such. Its the porous items you want to avoid.
Still would omit the substrate though.

Back
Top Bottom