Quarantine question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to be setting up my quarantine tank soon and I want to be sure i have all I need.
Equipment list
10 g tank
50 watt heater
2 sponge filters rated for a 20g tank
power head & pump
and a simple led light and PBC pump

My fiest question is: what do you do once you have the fish? Do you just watch for disease or do you medicate from day one and second, what diseases should I look for? I know about Ich, Brooklynella and Velvet.I read that the Ich and Velvet can be treated with the same methods and medications and Brooklynella is common in Clown fish.I also read that fish can carry disease but not actually show signs of disease. I also plan to use this period to make sure they eat well before putting them in the display tank.Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for any advice you offer. :fish2:

Good article;however, I am also looking for information on the diseases.Warning signs with pictures.I would also like to know what my fish choices would be susceptible to so I can treat according.
My stocking list:
Blue/green Chromis small school 3- 6 probably 3
Purple Firefish pair?
Black and white clownfish pair
Clown Goby, Citrinis
Lawn Mower Blenny depending on algae growth
Cleaner shrimp But am I able to have more than one?
what I wish I could have:
Clam- maybe when I can upgrade my system and am more experienced
starfish sand sifter but I don't think I have enough sand. I want something that can help clean the sand and will eat over fish food and help take care of fish waste.

Back
Top Bottom