Quarentine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nikki_kaiser said:
Ok, it wasn't "Rubbermaid"...it was a cheap brand. How many fish do you have in your main aquarium right now?

Not sure who the question was for, but right now I have 3 fish in the 75. The clown in QT is looking well.

Oh that's good! I'm learning about corals right now and I need to research regarding QT for them. Since the question posed was in regards to Pro's and Cons of QT, how about corals? What is standard procedure for them as far as QT?

nikki_kaiser said:
Oh that's good! I'm learning about corals right now and I need to research regarding QT for them. Since the question posed was in regards to Pro's and Cons of QT, how about corals? What is standard procedure for them as far as QT?

I may be wrong but I don't think you have to QT them.

So just dip them in some Coral RX or what not? What is the best coral dip to kill parasites?

nikki_kaiser said:
So just dip them in some Coral RX or what not? What is the best coral dip to kill parasites?

I asked 54seaweed over in the "what did you do with your tank today" thread. He just got 6 new corals today.

I read reviews on the coral RX and I think it's all natural. I was hoping that someone who uses it would tell me the things it does NOT kill and what to use. Go check out coralRX.com and read about it. I also watched someone on YouTube use it and all kinds of nasty stuff came off their corals 0_o. I ordered some last night and after watching the YouTube video, a pair of gloves...lol!

nikki_kaiser said:
I read reviews on the coral RX and I think it's all natural. I was hoping that someone who uses it would tell me the things it does NOT kill and what to use. Go check out coralRX.com and read about it. I also watched someone on YouTube use it and all kinds of nasty stuff came off their corals 0_o. I ordered some last night and after watching the YouTube video, a pair of gloves...lol!

I will check out that site! Thanks for the info.

Ich can still hitch a ride on corals and inverts if they are in tanks with infected fish. I'm a fish only guy but my inverts get qt for 5-6 weeks. If I had corals I would probably do it the same way.

I QT all my shrimp and will my snails as snails also carry flukes I believe (or something like that just can't remember right now). I'm curious as to whether or not any reefers have had parasite infections in their fish from their corals. I think I will post in the reef section and ask! LOL!

Yes, the corals can carry parasites on them and bring them into the tank. It happened to me. The best thing is to quarantine the corals in a coral only tank but I just use reef dip and so far no problems.

Yeah, I think DT and QT should be added to the list of acronyms that pop up the full words when hovered over. :p

Back
Top Bottom