Questions about: small fish and corals and matching them.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zparticle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm a long way away from getting fish and coral. At least I think I am as I just started cycling my tank. But I'm looking for direct info from the members here or pointers to good sources for:

1> Small fish species, that stay small.
2> How to match fish and corals for compatibility.
3> How to match fish with invertebrates.
3> How to match corals with invertebrates.

This is my first SW tank and it is small at only 29g. I have a single MAXI-JET 400 PH and it is giving a LOT of water movement so I don't think I'll need another. My plan at this point is to make a small reef tank focusing mainly on corals but with a few fish (depending on how small I can get the fish) and inverts.

So how or where do you go to figure out what will not interfere with/kill what? If you have pics of small fish, critters and corals that you have found work well together I'd love to see them.

Do you normally need to match coral/fish/inverts from the same area? Or is this a crap shoot?

You should look on Live Aquaria. They have a nano reef section. It also specifies which fish & inverts are reef safe.

You're welcome. Your probably best suited took for nano fish but there are probably some that would be ok in a 29 that aren't nano fish but best thing is to research your livestock and ask questions here

Here is a good link of reef safe fish but just make sure to check out the minimum tank size and calculate the fish based on the adult size. I've purchased fish online from these guys and so fat still have all them happy & healthy :)

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Browse.asp?search=excellent

Back
Top Bottom