questions with moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ML42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so as some of you might know i juat started a 30g SW it has been cycling for about 2weeks, i am in no rush put anything in as i have been through previous tanks.
Adding a little back info i just got a 55g on an almost steal deal as a LFS is going out of business and so i have to move the tank from the location about a 45-1hr drive, my 2 options i have thought of are.
1. Treat it like a new buy and take everything out im buying sand and water from them ao no fish or anything to worry, or they gave me the option to go the previous day take out the cultured water move that first and then the 2nd day move the tank with just the LS.

2. Option 2 i stop my 30 cycling i save 20g of H2o from the LFS tank move all my sand that i know hasnt cycles + my LR and see if my cycle moves a bit quicler aince both the LFS LS is cycoed plus water and adding my 2 week old LS...

Sugestions will help as idk how on earth i will move either tank without throwing either of the 2 off balance...

Anything suggestions comments throw them in please.:eek:

AGAIN THERE ARE NO FISH IN EITHER TANK, REEF OR INVERTEBRATES.:D

There really is no issue here at all. The water column carries less than 1% of the beneficial bacteria in your tank. I would not use any of it. Toss it at the LFS and use new water when you get home. Keep the LR wet with towels or in buckets. There really is no need to keep old water.

Back
Top Bottom