quick question about my cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so i was wondering if my cycle would be different then most cycles because im using living live rock and live sand from the previous setup also running mature media in my filter when i bought the tank it was broken down and delivered the same day and then filled with saltwater the next morning after giving my salt water 24 hours. so with all that said should i except the same cycle process or should i except somthing different.

you might have an ammonia spike from the move, but you might skip a full cycle depending on how much die off you had. i would monitor the parameters for a week or two anyway before attempting livestock additions...just in case.

thanks for the reply and the good info i will still probably wait for a week or two before adding some livestock any other info i should know about??

how long was the tank set up before you bought it? Most people don't reuse substrate if its been a while due to a lot of chemicals released from disturbing it

im not sure he didnt tell me but there was about six inches of water still in it when he droped it off he said he was trying to keep everything living ont the rocks and everything else alive

for better understanding my lever are
pH= 8.2
ammonia=1.0 ppm
nitrite= between 1.0 and 2.0 ppm
nitrate= 0 ppm

is this normal doring the cycling stage????
i havent noticed any reading higher then yet. before my ammonia source was in the tank ofcourse it was at 0

ok cool do u think u can give me a idea of what u think i should be expecting with this mini cycle?

thanks henry for your help

hard to say. Only thing for sure is it'll be shorter than a brand new tank. Same process though, cycle is complete when you have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and some nitrate.

Back
Top Bottom