Quick question - Cyanobacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a real bad cyno problem with my 75 gallon. I got a GFO reactor from BRS. The cyno has pretty much gone away when I started using it along with my water changes. I also ordered a Hanna Checker so there won't be any doubts what my phosphates are.

Minkota said:
Have you checked your phosphate levels? It has been my experience, high phosphates are usually what get it started.

I was just a little high, I would love to get a phosphate reactor, but Christmas is coming soooo, gonna have to wait. I have a canister filter so what I did was take some live rock out of the tank broke it down into chunks and stuffed it into the filter, plus I took my sponge out of the top flow, put a ample amount of live rock in there, with a carbon sock on top, then some filter floss on topped it off with some more live rock. The tank has a little more air bubbles in it but I can deal. My question I would ask is I know I'm doing the poor man fuge, am I benefiting from doing this or hurting my tank?

Back
Top Bottom