Rain Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would be the drawbacks of using rain water for a water change??? Bearing in mind that in my part of the woods we dont have acid rain.

It probably doesn't have as many of the trace elements as tap or well water, but that is just a guess....

I figured so. I am just trying to find a cheap way to do water changes, I am guessing I will use distilled water after i test it.

pinda said:
I figured so. I am just trying to find a cheap way to do water changes, I am guessing I will use distilled water after i test it.

IMO this would be a better choice. Where do you live that you dont have to worry about acid rain?

A cheap way would be to invest $100 on a RO/DI unit, this will be cheaper, in the long run....

Rain water may carry the risk of pollution as does tap. Collecting in non-toxic containers is also problematic for most. Best bet is ro/di for pure water.

tecwzrd said:
Rain water may carry the risk of pollution as does tap. Collecting in non-toxic containers is also problematic for most. Best bet is ro/di for pure water.
Wow, they knocked down the price. I paid $99 for the 5 stage 100GPD one.

Back
Top Bottom