Ray tank? What do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I’m thinking about doing a ray tank. But I’ve not ever done salt water and am not sure what all I’d need to have one.

What’s the bare minimum requirements for a ray tank and what would your advice be for someone that is thinking about doing one?

At least 3-400 gallons for the smallest rays. The more room the better. Honestly would not recommend starting saltwater with a stingray tank. You’ll need a good skimmer, power heads, tank, sand, rock, they will need different food varieties(shrimp, silversides, other meaty foods).

At least 3-400 gallons for the smallest rays. The more room the better. Honestly would not recommend starting saltwater with a stingray tank.

Ok that could be a problem but that’s why I’m asking here. I have a 180 but that’s half that size.

I love rays but in this case I’d leave it up to sea world to house them,…they’d be extremely hard to maintain properly and they’d be awfully messy too.

Thanks again everyone, I have decided to not to go down this path right now. It definitely sounds above my pay grade. Thank you for your honesty and responses!

Back
Top Bottom