Recommendation of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

OK, I want to get a nice fish stock.

I have a 55 gal tank 80 lbs LR

I currently want to do some zoos, stars, maybe a leather or two.

I have the wrong fish I fear for that..

1 x 2-1/2 inch Coral Beauty ( I can take this one back )
1 x 3 inch Watchman Goby
1 x 1 inch Bangaii Cardinal

The tank looks empty now that the Clowns are gone...

I want a more realistic mixture of fish for a reef...

Right now the Params of the tank are this:

83*
0.00 Nitrite
0.00 Ammonia
8.4 PH
10ppm Nitrate
450-500 Cal
I am taking it the Phosphate is low since there is no sign of Nuisance Algae

What would you put in a tank of this nature????

Timbo,
I know you've had trouble with clowns....have you thought about trying an Ocellaris? Mine was really cool. He ate flake food like it was his last meal. He would come charging to the top of the tank anytime I cut the pumps because he knew it was time to hang on the feedbag. Mine, I'm pretty sure, was WC, but he had been at the store for a long time and was eating well. I believe he would have been with me for a very long time if it hadn't been for that darn heater. Just a thought.
Logan J

Clowns- Clarkii, Maroon, Tomato, ocellaris or even more percs. (put a deposit on the clowns and leave them at the LFS for a week or two. You could also purchase on-line (most places offer a week stay alive guarantee. Buy TR where available.

Dottybacks- Neon dottyback, Splendid dottyback or orchid dottyback (only one and not one of each :p )

Blennies- Red lipped blenny, Lawnmower blenny, midas blenny or sailfin blenny

Hawkfish- Longnose hawk, Flame hawk, Falco Hawk (also called spotted hawk)

Tangs- Yellow tang, purple tang, or any other tang from the Zebrasoma genus

Wrasses- Flasher wrasses, fairy wrasses, leopard wrasses, lined wrasses (six line, eight line etc...)

Jawfish- yellow headed jawfish, moustache jawfish, pearly jawfish or the orange spotted jawfish

Hope that was what you were looking for, FWIW I don't see any problem with the fish you have in there now, unless your concerned with the coral beauty nipping. There are of course more fish, but those were what came to mind.

I second (or is it third) not giving up on clowns, and will suggest looking for TR, which tend to do better in aquariums. I have two TR false Percs who are active, happy, fat (not really, but eating very well :lol: ). They eat flake, brine and fd shrimp and some krill (if they grab before the shrimps get to it). Plus they are fun to watch.

Thanks...I had some fish in mind...What I wnated to see was what you would think about having in a 55 gal tank with the few corals I mentioned..Kindof an imagination thing....RR hit the nail on the head...Nice selection of fish...I am really bad at deciding which fish are really safe to have amongst corals and such... This is why I wanted some pointers...Thanks everyone for the input...

Back
Top Bottom