Recommendation on the AquaOne Marisys 240 Filter / Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibbo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I have been advised to buy the Marisys 240 for my Aquaone AR850 tank. Can anyone give me an honest, non LFS, view on its performance as I am getting tired of the LFS sales pitch..... :confused:

Thanks

I have never heard of that before. I just looked at it online and from what I see I wouldn't spend the money on it.

Tell us a little about your tank. Size contents and how long it's been set up. LFSs don't always provide you with the best information.

Tell us a little about your tank. Size contents and how long it's been set up. LFSs don't always provide you with the best information.

It is a 160 litre tank which has been set up for just over 3 weeks and the cycle is now spiking the Nitrites and Nitrates. so looking good. The issue I have is the tank has a filter tray that sits on top and also a light hood that also sits on top as part tank package.

I want to at some stage get anenames, cant spell sorry, to make the tank look as good as some I have seen around. I have been tol that I will need to get a skimmer at some stage, and this is one that can replace the filter tray and act as a skimmer as the filter tray / light covers the entire tank without any room for a skimmer to be attached.

Hope this helps.....

Well if your tank is only been up for 3 weeks and is still cycling you have enough time to do some research on different filtration methods. You need a tank that is at least 8+ months old before adding an anemone. Also you will need strong lighting to support it.

Do some research about filtration About.com has some great information as well as the article section on this site. Looking online for equipment and answers will provide you with better information then just relying on a single LFS.

Back
Top Bottom