Red Sea or Instant Ocean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just pointing out that the Ocean isn't all the same water. But you'd be best off targeting a salinity more natural to the fish. That being the aforementioned 1.025-1.026.

However many fish stores run a much lower salinity (1.017 or so). It's cheaper to add less salt plus the lower salinity helps kill any parasites. It is more stressful on the fish but the intention is to get them out the door to our tanks quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Once you get it at 1.023 it goes up real fast 1 or 2 tsp should bring it up to 1.025

Once you get it at 1.023 it goes up real fast 1 or 2 tsp should bring it up to 1.025

not true, if I have 360 gallons of sw and add a few tsp of salt there will be almost no difference, apposed to if I have a cup of SW and add a few tsp of salt

I just know that in 20l of water, 26oz of salt is needed to get it just above 1.023

Sorry didn't consider the size of your aquarium that was for every half cup you use

Back
Top Bottom