Red slime algae problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhud79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 28 gallon nano cube that has been up and running since August 2011. It seems I can't get this red slime algae under control. Does anyone have any tips on what to do? I currently have a six line wrasse, a yellow goby, and a clown. Inverts include two hermits, one emerald crab, one peppermint shrimp and about 5 various snails. Is there an animal that eats this algae? My nitrates are consistently at zero due to my bristle worm population. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image-3239389883.jpg
    image-3239389883.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 88
No. there isn't anything that eats it. Bristleworms do not lower nitrates.
If you have a ton of worms, you are definitely overfeeding. try feeding twice a week for a while. vacuum out cyano with water changes (weekly).

If I feed only twice a week will that be ok for the clown? My LFS said he likes to eat twice a day!

Yeah get a set schedule going. I started doing Monday Wednesday Friday just to see how it works out for now.

I had lots of cyano not long ago and do 20% water changes every 6 days and it is now gone. I use RO water from the grocery store and all is good my sand is almost all white again.

Back
Top Bottom