redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have 2 holes in the overflow, then one is for the input and one is for the output. Or do you have dual overflows?

Which CPR overflow do you have? Here are some pics of my CPR 1200 overflow to show you some plumbing tips.the first two are pics from the overflow to the sump and the last is the pipe from my return pump back into the tank. Hope that helps.

carey said:
You have 2 holes in the overflow, then one is for the input and one is for the output. Or do you have dual overflows?

I have two holes in the overflow. :)

This is what it looks like.

Don't mind the parts that are inside it, lol.

Attachments

• image-3314297889.jpg
    image-3314297889.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 131
That's the 1200 dual overflow. Same one I have in those pics. You will have to plumb both pipes from that into your sump .

Look at what came in the mail! :)

Also, I started filling up the tank only to find out that the sump can only fit through the top. :(

So I removed most of the water that I put in.

Attachments

• image-3450282565.jpg
    image-3450282565.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 104
How would you all recommend rinsing sand? I bought some yesterday. :) I will probably need more eventually though.

All I did was put the sand in a drum, added RO water, and stirred with my hands. Then emptied the water. Then added more water, stirred again...repeat until the water wasn't cloudy anymore.

I'm sure there's a better way, but that worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom