redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am very concerned. I just noticed that on the bottom of my tank, there seem to be a few scratches. They aren't deep or anything, but you can feel them a little bit. When I put my finger near the scratch water kind of condenses a tiny bit (there is a thin layer of water in the tank). What should I do? Does anyone else have anything like this? :-(

redsea said:
I am very concerned. I just noticed that on the bottom of my tank, there seem to be a few scratches. They aren't deep or anything, but you can feel them a little bit. When I put my finger near the scratch water kind of condenses a tiny bit (there is a thin layer of water in the tank). What should I do? Does anyone else have anything like this? :-(

Inside or outside?? Micro scratch or big gash???

I believe that I can feel the largest scratch (really not that big) on the outside. It is a micro scratch though. It only condenses when I put my finger super super close to it. I am probably overanalyzing it, but just want to be safe.

coffeetwitch said:
as long as its a scratch and not a crack you should be ok.

Yeah, it is probably just a scratch. I can feel it, but it doesn't leak or anything.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I had to put the rock in a garbage pale because the tank isn't setup yet. I hope to setup the tank tomorrow.
:)

Thanks!

OK! So here is the update for this evening. :)

I have some of the equipment put together, and I hope to have everything put together by tonight. I also want to start/ or finish putting in my water and sand. I will probably put in my rock sometime tomorrow or Sunday. I know this sounds a little ambitious but I am up for the challenge! :-D

Thanks everyone for following! I really do appreciate it!

Here is a photo of my rock and my sump.

Carey, any tips for fitting the skimmer? Is it ok if it is not completely flat on the bottom (meaning that it is sticking up a little bit)? Thanks!

Attachments

• image-39073132.jpg
    image-39073132.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 101
  • image-860686366.jpg
    image-860686366.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 92
Flip the skimmer around. :) Have the intake near the filter sock, it will fit in there sideways but barely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom