redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still want the tang and maybe 2-3 more small fish. Not sure on adding more wrasses since the sixline and the yellow have been tormenting the red coris wrasse. i only saw him out for like 2 hours yesterday he was hiding under the sand the whole day. :-(

I still want the tang and maybe 2-3 more small fish. Not sure on adding more wrasses since the sixline and the yellow have been tormenting the red coris wrasse. i only saw him out for like 2 hours yesterday he was hiding under the sand the whole day. :-(

Maybe he is just getting used to his surroundings. I am sure the Wrasses will get used to their new friend eventually. :)

Youre always the optimist. :-D I hope youre right. Lights have been on for a little bit now and he hasnt come out.

Youre always the optimist. :-D I hope youre right. Lights have been on for a little bit now and he hasnt come out.

Maybe he will come out if some pellets drop near him:confused:. They grow bigger than the Sixline and Coris, right?

Also for this tank's stocklist, I think a pair of some sort of Mandarins would be really cool. :) However, the only place I can find a pair is Aquacon, and I know that they aren't always reliable either. AND the ones on Aquacon aren't ORA, :(.

Are there any good places to purchase ORA Mandarin Pairs?

Thanks.

Two questions tonight. :-D

1. Clams need an established tank, right? How long should I wait to get one?
2. When the cycle is done (I think that it almost is) how large of a water change should I perform?

Thanks a lot everyone!! :-D

redsea said:
Two questions tonight. :-D

1. Clams need an established tank, right? How long should I wait to get one?
2. When the cycle is done (I think that it almost is) how large of a water change should I perform?

Thanks a lot everyone!! :-D

I'd wait a few months on the clam

As many 40-50% water changes needed to get your trates down to 0 over a period of time

Here is a little bit of an update!

I added some more ammonia today, and I am pretty sure this tank is close to being done cycling. :) I still don't have my sump going yet, but hopefully I will be able to fix the leak from the hose tomorrow. :) I also made about 22 gallons of water today. Not really exciting, but it is progress, lol.

Going to test the ammonia is the 125g! Wish me good luck, lol. It should be around zero (for my tank to be cycled) so we'll see!!

I am pretty sure that the tank is cycled :dance:! It all happened so quick, but I do have a decent amount of LR in there. Now I just need to get my sump up and running (hopefully by tonight), and do that huge water change (that should be fun, especially since I can't make all of the water at once, lol). Then after I do those things it is time to move over my Blue Hippo and Clown from 55g.

Thanks for reading!

So far, this is what the stock list is looking like at the moment. :-D

1. Scopas Tang
2. Yellow Tang
3. McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
4. Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
5. Linespot Flasher Wrasse

The rest of the stocking is to be determined. The stock above isn't in stone yet either. :) I am completely open to suggestions!!

I think you made a good list. :) I'd love a scopas but no room for one. lol
And the yellow of course is the coolest of all. :-D
You've picked some mid water level swimmers, any idea if you want any perchers or fish that occupy the sandbed?

Back
Top Bottom