redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a ich outbreak and lost three fish one buy one they looked bad. Yesterday I used a fish trap to get the last three out and put in a qt. Just think it may be a good idea to get your fish out before you lose any!

Good morning everybody, thanks for looking at my post.

Hypo:

I think it is in an acceptable range. For me it is a little hard to to tell because of how close those lines are in the refractometer, LOL. I always seem to be a little unsure though, therefore I think I will maybe try to lower it a bit more just to play it safe.

Stock: What do you guys think of some kind of Firefish for my stock? I like all of them, especially the Helfrichi.

I love my firefish now, she is so active and cute. lol The helfrichi one is really nice but so pricey! And its such a tiny fish too... Have you thought about the purple ones? I think they look the best, but that's just me. lol

How much longer for hypo?

carey said:
I love my firefish now, she is so active and cute. lol The helfrichi one is really nice but so pricey! And its such a tiny fish too... Have you thought about the purple ones? I think they look the best, but that's just me. lol

How much longer for hypo?

I figure probably mid to the end of May, then it is critter time again! :)

I do really like the purple ones also, I think I will go with one of those because of the Helfrichi's price tag.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Hey redsea,
I agree, Helfrechi's are pretty nice but not for that price!! I had 2 purple's and 2 regular firefish, thought they were really cool. I just lost my last one, last week, after 4 years.
They are very jumpy. I didn't lose any this way, that I know of...we have cats, I think my lobster may be responsible for their disappearance, but you def want some kind of top or screen.
They are beautiful fish!

Flreefer said:
Hey redsea,
I agree, Helfrechi's are pretty nice but not for that price!! I had 2 purple's and 2 regular firefish, thought they were really cool. I just lost my last one, last week, after 4 years.
They are very jumpy. I didn't lose any this way, that I know of...we have cats, I think my lobster may be responsible for their disappearance, but you def want some kind of top or screen.
They are beautiful fish!

Thanks!

So your four didn't bicker? Did you add then at the same time?

Thanks

No, they were fine. I added the 2 reg. firefish together and they chose the right left side of my then 135 tall.
A LFS was then going out o f business, and I picked up the 2 purple, probably 2 months later.
I just introduced the 2 purple on the left side, darted into the rocks, and luckily stayed there. They really don't go far, couple feet max. from their hiding hole... Ever. They pretty much just hover, bottom-mid water, facing the current looking for food, and looking cool!!
Great, exotic-looking fish for the price.

I don't see why you couldnt get the birdsnest. They are relatively easy as far as SPS goes. :) They are also awesome corals too! I lost mine a few months ago but will hopefully get another one soon enough. :)

Great! I'll put it on the possible list then. :)

Do you think I will see pretty good coral growth with my lights if I mantain proper water conditions?

I can't wait to stop worrying about ich and just enjoy the tank, that time is coming right around the corner. :)

If I remeber correctly you have a 12 bulb fixture right? If so, I think based on placement of the corals you should see good growth. My lights do very well with most of my corals, some grow at astounding rates like my montipora, GSP and my paly's. :-D

Just keep the water as perfect as you can get it and you will do well.

Great, thanks!

My fixture is actually only eight bulbs. :(

I also think I will add a Red Candy Cap Montipora to my list for that May order, maybe GSP too. :) For fish I was thinking of maybe ordering my Yellow Tang (small), and maybe 1 or 2 smaller fish (not sure which ones though).

redsea said:
Great, thanks!

My fixture is actually only eight bulbs. :(

I also think I will add a Red Candy Cap Montipora to my list for that May order, maybe GSP too. :) For fish I was thinking of maybe ordering my Yellow Tang (small), and maybe 1 or 2 smaller fish (not sure which ones though).

A Midas blenny!!!! And an engineer goby!!!!

The midas and engineer are great suggestions. :) Just be prepared for a changing sandscape if you get an engineer. lol Mine is a big softie and kinda shy, sweet. :-D

Carey, sorry to bother you about this again, but what was that netting that you ordered for the 125g called again? I know you linked it to me but I can't seem to find it......

Thanks!

Fantastic, thanks!

I need to order some of that for the 125g and 55g! The group buy is going until this Tuesday, right?

Back
Top Bottom