redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the plastic off the stand! I am working on the tank now. :)

Attachments

• image-1698604358.jpg
    image-1698604358.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 98
Now the plastic is off the tank and the stand. :)

Attachments

• image-2861737460.jpg
    image-2861737460.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 103
Here are some photos of the stand. :)

Thanks for following! ;-)

Attachments

• image-3541088387.jpg
    image-3541088387.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3470776676.jpg
    image-3470776676.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1004976268.jpg
    image-1004976268.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2798757887.jpg
    image-2798757887.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 76
So, so far there is nothing new to update the tank with.....it is just collecting dust. My goal is to have the tank up and running by the very end of January, but we will see about that, lol.

In other news, I have not really been around much this week, no need to worry though, I have just been VERY busy. I will certainly be on this weekend though!

Do you have it in place yet in the house? Have you been messing with it or anything? LOL I go in my garage and stare and mess with my 90g and the goodies ALL the time. :)

carey said:
Do you have it in place yet in the house? Have you been messing with it or anything? LOL I go in my garage and stare and mess with my 90g and the goodies ALL the time. :)

Yes, it is currently in its permanent space. :) I just need to have it on the stand correctly, level it, and it is kind of sideways now, lol.

I cannot wait!! :)

I don't blame you for messing with the cool stuff, lol. I bet you are starting to get very, very itchy to start the 90g now!

bootz said:
non photo synthetic reef they are a serious challenge but i have not really seen anyone on the forums make one yet. By the way sorry i abbreviated it to NPS i did not know what it was until i got fascinated with Blueberry gorgs

Edit: something like this http://blog.aquanerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ATB-Powered-NPS-Reef.jpg

Wow, it looks really cool! I am not sure I am ready to take on the huge challenge just yet. Awesome suggestion though! :)

yeah the problem with NPS tanks is the feeding schedule some of the corals need like a 24hour feed regiment. Although, there is a product out there that will constantly release food i am sure its a fairly sophisticated piece of a equipment im making sound simple, but i think it would be cool to have a piece of the reef that most people don't see. Anyways i am not to sure about stocking options because truthfully you can put soo much in there lol i would not know where to begin i assume you gonna get some tangs, some clown (maybe some True Perculas) but coral wise i might beable to give ya list once i find my one spreadsheet lol.

Here is some of the fish I like for a 125:

Regal angel
Bartlett's Anthias
Ventralis Anthias
Pink Square Anthias
Midas Blenny
Blue Reef Chromis (multiples)
Blue dot or Yellow head Jawfish
Royal Gramma
Purple firefish
Bluespot watchman goby
Yellow Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Achilles Tang
Flasher wrasse (Any)
Fairy wrasse (Any)
Starry Blenny
Snowflake / Black Ice Clowns

Inverts:

Skunk Cleaner shrimp
Fire / Blood Shrimp
Porcelain crabs
Emerald Crabs
Arrow Crab
Sally lightfoot crabs

Regal angel will nip corals and clams, Achilles tang is very expensive and very difficult to keep, royal gramma CAN be aggressive. Other than that your list sounds good to me.

TLTGF said:
Here is some of the fish I like for a 125:

Regal angel
Bartlett's Anthias
Ventralis Anthias
Pink Square Anthias
Midas Blenny
Blue Reef Chromis (multiples)
Blue dot or Yellow head Jawfish
Royal Gramma
Purple firefish
Bluespot watchman goby
Yellow Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Achilles Tang
Flasher wrasse (Any)
Fairy wrasse (Any)
Starry Blenny
Snowflake / Black Ice Clowns

Inverts:

Skunk Cleaner shrimp
Fire / Blood Shrimp
Porcelain crabs
Emerald Crabs
Arrow Crab
Sally lightfoot crabs

Nice suggestions! From the list, I think I really like the Yellow Tang, Firefish, some kind of Anthias, some kind of designer Clown (I like the ones you mentioned). I would only get one new Clown because I already have one in my 55g that is moving over. I also really like the Wrasses and Midas Blenny. I may go with some Chomis too. :)

Thanks for the suggestions!

coffeetwitch said:
nice set up, what are you planing to run on the hardware side of it?

My setup is going to be very similar to Carey's, almost exactly, lol. That means an Eshopps slimmer and sump, rio return pump, and a cpr continuous overflow. :)

Back
Top Bottom