redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
Should I add any more shrimp cubes yet? I am having some trouble acquiring some pure ammonia, lol.

Thanks!

Add another six but keep it in a net in the water. First add 6 cubes in a net then rinse in fresh water until it thaws. This removes the phosphates from water the shrimp was frozen in. Then add the shrimp into the tank with the net to avoid a mess

are there still bits of the cube in the tank? could always go to the gstore and buy some table shrimp like 2-4 big pieces. once they are gone (dissolved/decayed) you should be close to done.

I have a quick Tang question. :-D

Since the Yellow Tang is more aggressive than the Scopas, when I order, should I order a small Yellow, and a medium Scopas?

Thanks!

That sounds like a good idea. Keep in mind the medium might be quite large and their version of small is usually really small. lol

redsea said:
I have a quick Tang question. :-D

Since the Yellow Tang is more aggressive than the Scopas, when I order, should I order a small Yellow, and a medium Scopas?

Thanks!

You can get both at the same size. Release the scopes into the tank 2 hours ahead of time and you should be fine

Just tested the ammonia, and it is pretty low again, probably between .25 and .5.
Should I add more cubes?

Alos, I haven't gotten my sump up and running yet because we lost an adapter to the pump. :(

I am going to try and look online for another right now.
Thanks for reading.

Did you lose the attachment for the return pump? Youshould be able to get a replacement at home depot. I think it would be slip to barb or female to barb.
:)

Another fish question! :-D

Will Gobies eat Coral Banded Shrimp? I ask because for shrimp I am planning on having one coral Banded, that is it. :)

Also, I know Gobies can fight with conspecifics, but will that still happen in a 125g?
How many would you all be comfortable adding without worrying about fighting?
I was thinking 2 would probably be the limit, not sure though. :)
Thanks.

I suspect my pink spotted goby of killing 5 cleaner shrimp and 6 peppermint shrimp. So far my coral banded has been fine.

Questions galore tonight! LOL.

Why is the Black Bar Soldier Fish labeled ref safe with caution? Does it eat shrimp, not coral?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom