redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL, i think you are right. hehe...I just have had so many tanks and fish I get confused sometimes. :)

How long are you going to qt for new purchases?

LOL, i think you are right. hehe...I just have had so many tanks and fish I get confused sometimes. :)

How long are you going to qt for new purchases?

I'm thinking 4 weeks, does that sound ok?

Yep, maybe I remember because your Anthias was chasing the Chromis at first, but then he stopped. I am glad that never turned into a big problem. :-D

UPDATE:

I finished putting the water back in the tank. :-D I am now going to go play with my skimmer to get it where I want it.

Does adding the fish tonight sound to soon to you guys?

Thank you all for following, I really, really appreciate it! :)

If the water is close as far as parameters I would probably do it.Just be sure before you put anything in the 125g that you want it to stay in there.
with some fish you can't get them out unless you do a tank breakdown. lol And now is the best time to fidget with the equipment and all before it goes in.

:-D

When do you plan on ordering your fish from liveaquaria? And all together what did you plan on ordering?

The only parameter that is probably different is nitrates. My nitrates are lower in the 125g than in the 55g :hide: (bad me, I am working on getting a lot better on PWCs. From here on out I will try my very very best not to ever skip one :)) . If I do a slow acclimation (a few hours) I should be good, right?

I hope to order form LA on Sunday if I am on schedule. :-D
I want to order those two Wrasses, the Scopas, and the Lawnmower. I also want to order the corals above (maybe not all, but probably most of them).

Thanks!

Not sure if it matters, but in my experience the fish come from California, and the corals are shipped from Wisconsin. So I had to pay shipping for my fish and separate shipping for the corals. Just a heads up.

Not sure if it matters, but in my experience the fish come from California, and the corals are shipped from Wisconsin. So I had to pay shipping for my fish and separate shipping for the corals. Just a heads up.

I think I know what you are talking about. I am going to pretend to buy them now and see where they ship from. Thanks for the heads up!

Here is an UPDATE for tonight.

So I have the skimmer running, and it is breaking itself in. We raised it a little bit and it is working much better now. :-D

I didn't get to add the fish as I ran out of time, however, I will add them tomorrow. :)

Feel free to post anything you would like.

Thanks all!

Congratulations! Tomorrow is the big day! Woot!

make sure we get more pictures and if you can take some of your plumbing and stuff under the tank that'd be great. I love looking at others people's technique. :)

Congratulations! Tomorrow is the big day! Woot!

make sure we get more pictures and if you can take some of your plumbing and stuff under the tank that'd be great. I love looking at others people's technique. :)

I will definitely upload pictures!

And thanks for the congratulations, tomorrow ought to be fun! :-D Well, that is if I can catch the Blue Hippo (Pootie Jr., lol) easily. :)

:gangsta:Don't forget the Copepods LMAO You did say feel free to post :clown:

Thanks (watch me forget them when I order my fish, lol).

Is there any specific kind that anybody recommends? I will eventually add a Mandarin, so it has to be a kind that the Mandarin will like. :-D Thanks!

Jut checked on my skimmer and it already has some yellowy/gunky water in it, :-D. Looks like it isn't having a rough time breaking in.

I can tell that this skimmer is going to do a great job like you say it will carey! :) Great recommendation.

Glad its working for ya. can't beat the price and it's pretty good. I may be adding another on for my 60g build. But thats a whole nother thread! LOL

Oh it might help if you mark where the water level is and where the skimmer works well. I also have some tape in the return compartment so I know where it should be. Did you pick up an ato? Will make your life so much easier :-D

Thanks for the marking idea. I will do that tomorrow! :)

I am going to get an ATO eventually, but I don't have it yet. About how much do they run, (if you don't mind me asking)? Thanks! :-D

You can get the jbj one for like $80 if you look. Normally its like $100. And you'll need a small pump to hook up to the reservoir that feeds the sump. I use a mini jet 606 for one tank and an aqualifter pump for the other.

Back
Top Bottom