Reef Compatible Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a solution to my problem, my fish guy bout me a juvenile hippo tang. When he gets bigger my fish guy will just buy it back. And ill get a new one

Just because it is small and a juvenile doesn't mean it doesn't need the swimming room required by the adult. This plan usually leads to stressed out fish and higher likelihood of death. You should look into nano fish that will live happily in a 20 gallon tank.

1000% agree with Sniper. A Hippo in a 20 is a really, really bad idea. They need space to swim. Minimum tank recommendations are not for fully grown fish or they would not be listed as "minimum". Tangs stress easily and get stuff like Ich easily. They are great fish for a proper sized tank, but this is not even close. Any LFS that gives that as a solution is looking to take your money.

Agreed. My fish guy is a personal friend of mine. I paid ten bucks each for the blue and the yellow. I will look in to finding them a new home as my 30gallon is not efficient enough. Thanks guys!!

Forget the tang there's a lot of nice fish that are not so fragile and finicky. for me no tangs or anemones. Pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom