Reef coral and fish only is it possible??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicklid-collector

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 600 litre tank and was wondering if I put a devider in the tank could I have a reef coral on one side n lion fish n puffer on the otherside or do they require 2 totally diffrent setups?? Thnx :)

Well that depends if u want shrimp in the reef. If you don't u can do it all in one because the lion fig and puffer r only referred to as reef safe with caution because they will eat shrimp not corals.

And the reef will require calcium an other trace elements that the fish don't need to survive.

Foskett96 said:
And the reef will require calcium an other trace elements that the fish don't need to survive.

I was told the lionfish would eat the clown fish what n the puffer would wreck the coral what I would like is

Corals
Nemo
Foxface
Tangs
Lionfish
Porcupine puffer
Damsels
Gobby
Starfish
Could they all go in the one tank thnx for ur help

IMO that's overstocked because of all the large fish. It also depends on what type of those fish you want and how many

emerald76 said:
IMO that's overstocked because of all the large fish. It also depends on what type of those fish you want and how many

It's 600 litres it's rather big or is it still too small I only want 1 of each n it's a yellow tang 3 nemos tho

If you wanted a reef I would not suggest the porcupine puffer i would suggest u go with a puffer that would not eat corals such as the Valentini puffer or the Toby puffer. And with the clownfish and lionfish it depends what clownfish I would go with percular or ocellaris. Most of the time I see maroon clowns kept with lionfish and they get along.

Sicklid-collector said:
It's 600 litres it's rather big or is it still too small I only want 1 of each n it's a yellow tang 3 nemos tho

Three clownfish will kill each other
Two will pair and kill the other
And as I said earlier what type of each fish do you want? Yellow watchman goby? Neon blue goby? Etc. We can't help without knowing

Also what tangs did you want and I would not go with the damsels as they r a very aggresive fish and will most likely be eaten by the lionfish

emerald76 said:

What about 4 then will they go into 2 pairs or should I just stick to a pair

emerald76 said:

3 clowns will not kill each other as long as they r all added at the same time and also long as they r from the same tank at the shop and no each other.

Foskett96 said:
3 clowns will not kill each other as long as they r all added at the same time and also long as they r from the same tank at the shop and no each other.

Thnx mate uve been really helpfull il find out exactley wot the fish r called n get back to u I'm a beginner n I'm trying to learn the best I can before putting anything in the tank even know ive had it for 3 months n I can't wait but I wana make the rite decisions

Foskett96 said:

I just google it again and almost every single answer, several with experience with three, say that they will fight and gang up on each other

Sicklid-collector said:
Thnx mate uve been really helpfull il find out exactley wot the fish r called n get back to u I'm a beginner n I'm trying to learn the best I can before putting anything in the tank even know ive had it for 3 months n I can't wait but I wana make the rite decisions

U r welcome and congratulations on doing the right thing of researching what you want first. To many people go to the fish shop and just pick then without research and then they get home and find out the fish isn't right for them. I bow my head to you. Nice work.

emerald76 said:
I just google it again and almost every single answer, several with experience with three, say that they will fight and gang up on each other

It really depends on the fishes personality I have seen multiple ocellaris and percular clowns kept in the same tank and they do not fight. But all fish are different so u will never no.

emerald76 said:

Dnt worry I won't get 3 then

Foskett96 said:
U r welcome and congratulations on doing the right thing of researching what you want first. To many people go to the fish shop and just pick then without research and then they get home and find out the fish isn't right for them. I bow my head to you. Nice work.

Thank u :) il get back to u on the fish n look into the other puffers

Np. A good website to use for fish Information is www.liveaquaria.com most of puffers with the compressed bodies are reef safe with caution such as the Valentini puffer or saddleback puffer but the ones with the box shaped bodies sick as the porcupine puffer or the Immaculatus puffer are not reef safe. But just remember that all puffers have a high chance to eat shrimp such as cleaner shrimp or peppermint shrimp.

None of the puffers I know are reef safe. Use caution for all puffers. I would never keep any expensive corals with them.

Back
Top Bottom