Reef Crystals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it worth it to use Reef Crystals as salt mix instead of regular instant ocean or oceanic????

You will get a 100 different answers for which salt is best. RC has higher ca and alk than IO. I have no experience with Oceanic other than all I read about how inconsistent it is. I use Red Sea Coral Pro.

I switched from IO to reef crystal and have notice my tanks don't get as much cyano, but that is only my experience. CCCapt is right, you will get many different answers. I think it really comes down to each individual tank.

h8z2luze said:
Is it worth it to use Reef Crystals as salt mix instead of regular instant ocean or oceanic????

How dare you say "instead of oceanic". LOL I have no experience with Reef Crystals but I do have almost all my experience with Oceanic and it keeps my calcium at about 480 with no dosing. I agree with the other two folks that there will be many answers when it comes to salt brands.

Ya i know that but i just thought maybe this one was better for reef like it claims.

I've used IO and I'm using RC right now. I did have some cyano when I was using IO but I'm not exactly sure it was the IO that caused it, since it was most likely a combination of several different factors.

It's your preference on what you use. I like RC, but the only salts I've used are IO and RC.

I've heard people mixing IO and Oceanic 50/50 to get balanced ca, since oceanic usually has high ca and instant ocean usually has low ca so it evens the two out.

Back
Top Bottom