Reef Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering whats the most powerful wattage fluorescent light (24") for my 29g. The highest i could find was like.. 20.. and from what i read about reefs and soforth.. you want 2x if not 3x the wattage as you have gallons.

Watts per gallon is a really antiquated rule. I do use it as a reference but a very broad one. Intensity and par are better to go by. Power compacts would be your least intense lighting and then VHO`s and then t5`s and the most intense would be MH`s. As far as your most powerful Flourecent light it would be the VHO or T5`s.

Maybe tell us what kinds of corals you want so we can make better suggestions as to specific types of lighting and or fixtures.

Honestly... im just wanting to get more light in the tank for the anemone.. and possibly pick up a few frags for it.. its just to boring lol

So you're probably looking at T5 or MH. What type of anemone BTW? Regardless, you're looking at T5 or MH lighting.

img_948816_0_ac784f025136b285794da0f82c8ca83a.jpg

Do you have an ID on that nem? I picked up the same one (golf ball sized) on an impulse buy. I've been told that it may have been a mistake as they can be somewhat aggressive......

Back
Top Bottom