reef or coral reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it sounds like brown jelly disease to me. some lps expel visible waste from it's mouth (they use the mouth for more than eating), but if the whole head becomes engulfed in brown slime, frag off the sick head and you may save the rest.

Okay it actually looks better now its fully open no visible jelly stuff that I can see but worst case how would I frag the head

if you had to frag off the head you would just use some cutters or a dremel and snip the skeleton at the base of the branch this particular head is on.
if it's fully open with ni slime coming off of it, then i would say it was just "pooping".

I would recommend using a dremel with a cutting wheel rather than using snips. Most branching coral like torch/frogspawn have very porous skeletons and will crumble easily if you try to cut them with snips.

Thanks.. The rock that its currently attached too its not so big.. It has 3 heads and fit fine..i am assuming eventually It would grow more heads? If so would it need to sit on a bigger rock or how does that work

Yeah it will grow more heads. You don't have to worry about what it is sitting on. The coral will encrust over more area to support growth. All you have to do is watch.

Back
Top Bottom