Reef safe fish for 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bittenflame

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering what some of the best unique reef safe fish are, that i could put I'm my 10g

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Aquarium Advice mobile app

clown fish would be a classic example. Also, there are tons of fish that are reef safe such as gobies, blennies for a 10 gal. Check out liveaquaria.com

You could do two tiny fish as long as you keep up on weekly water changes. I wouldn't do a clown though, they're messy and get 3". Look into gobies, small blennies and cool inverts

I've heard clown goby's are not reef safe?

They build nests in sps coral. Is this your first reef? I wouldn't attempt sps for quite a while if it is anyway.

It is

They build nests in sps coral. Is this your first reef? I wouldn't attempt sps for quite a while if it is anyway.

+1. I would let your tank mature for at least 6 months to a year before adding sps. Since this is your first reef I would look at softies and some easy lps ( frogspawn and hammers are pretty hardy) and clown gobies do great in those tanks, mine perches in between 2 heads on my frogspawn. You can also look into doing a prawn goby/pistol shrimp pair, that makes a cool 10g center piece IMO

I was wondering what some of the best unique reef safe fish are, that i could put I'm my 10g

For my 15g I got a tailspot Blenny and clown goby, both stay small and are active in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom