Reef tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone i have a 20g TALL aquarium and want a reef tank i want, SPS, SOFT CORALS, AND LPS

which of these lights would be best for my tank....

4 Lamp T5HO Light Fixtures

Product Details

2Ft/4Bulbs fixture
i was looking at this, is this a good light for corals or would the others be better?

High Output T5 Fixtures

Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Lighting Fixture (24 Inch)

i also found this metal halide- http://fishneedit.com/150w-metal-halide-pendant-lig.html
would this be better than the t5s?

are T5s good for coral or LEDS/METAL HALIDES??
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Both types of lights have draw backs. MH main one is heat. The T5 is that not all can support things like clams, and anemones. I like T5 for my soft LPS tanks and MH for the tanks with SPS.

If you get that MH light you will want to figure out a fan to help keep the tank cool.

Fishneedit lights are good I have one and bought 2 for gifts the only thing is the quality of the bulbs you will want to upgrade when you change them.

Both types of lights have draw backs. MH main one is heat. The T5 is that not all can support things like clams, and anemones. I like T5 for my soft LPS tanks and MH for the tanks with SPS.

If you get that MH light you will want to figure out a fan to help keep the tank cool.

Fishneedit lights are good I have one and bought 2 for gifts the only thing is the quality of the bulbs you will want to upgrade when you change them.

for the fishneedit light, if i have to upgrade the bulbs wouldn't it be worth it buying the other lights because wont the price of the bulbs add to the other lights? or will bulbs be cheaper ?

what do you suggest i get for my 20g tall tank? because i want live coral in it to make it look nice.

and it says the light from fishneedit doesnt come with LED moonlights- do i really need led moonlights?

also i found this LED light- http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4391507

would this light be good or is it to less lighting

Back
Top Bottom