Reef tank moving.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corals or no corals?
Get lots of buckets. 1 for LS, 1 for LR, 1 for livestock, and water jugs to save some aged water. Get battery powered air pump to keep water moving in the livestock and LR buckets. If its a long distance move, put small pieces of LR in the livestock bucket and the water movement will help keep ammonia down. Wait a while to put livestock into new home, all that stirring of the sand could have released some DOC that could have broken down into toxic stuff during the move let the skimmer get that stuff out, make sure level are safe then acclimate your little guys. (remember to NOT put the water the livestock was in back into tank). You may need to get extra saltwater too.

HTH, Brian

You could ask friends (or a local pet shop) to store your livestock et. al. while you move. I will be doing this in a few months myself.

Brings me to the question that I am pondering... once I set the tank back up, how long will I need to cycle the tank to be able to reintroduce the fish? Any ideas or suggestions here?

aquafreak: If there is a cycle, It will be beacuase of all the stuff that was breaking down in the sand. But there should be only a small amminia spike (should be really small) while the bacteria on LR and LS catch back up.

HTH, Brian

Back
Top Bottom