refuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
With the aquarium I got it has a built in overflow filter with baffles, a powerhead, and everything. It sits in the corner of the tank, and is as high as the tank. I'll post a picture later on. It has baffles and everything. Do you think this would make a good refuge?

if it's just a corner overflow built into the tank it's probably not quite enough room to really do much for you. For a refuge to be benificial you'll need a good amount of "floor space" in the tank for the sand bed and macro algaes.

Dimensions or a picture will help us tell you for sure.

SOunds like a stock corner overflow. IMO it would not make a good fuge because of its inaccessiblity and disruptive water currents.

Way to often fuges are undersized. In the book im currently reading it suggests for a refuge to be of benifit it should be at least 20% the size of the display aquarium.

Thats cool, I think I will leave the box there, cause it would be nearly impossible to remove it, and it has a powerhead and would be a good place to put carbon filter. Do you all think there is anything good or bad about this?

Back
Top Bottom