Refugium lights counter to dt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have read its good to run your lights in fuge counter to the dt lights cause of co2 or something. Is this neccecary though? I am setting up a fuge but my tank is in my bedroom and I'd rather not have the light on it all night...

The reason its better to run the sump/fuge lights opposite of the dt is to help prevent fluctuations in the Ph. Naturally the Ph fluctuates from night to day. Is it a must? I wouldn't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are a lot of people out there that don't have a sump or fuge so therefore, it wouldn't be any different.

Ya I know someone that has a pretty big fuge in his sump and he runs his lights the same as his dt.

h8z2luze said:
Ya I know someone that has a pretty big fuge in his sump and he runs his lights the same as his dt.

Depends what type of macro some macro like caulerpa will go assexual unless on 24/7 lighting chaeto is better for 12 on 12 off personally i do 24/7 with chaeto

Hmm. I was going to just go with chateo. What's asexual mean and why is it bad? Sorry noob question.

No it's not bad. It just means if not lit enough it will pretty much disintegrate and release all the junk into the water with a milky cloud. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom