Refugium question.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emtjello

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 2g hang on refugium on my 92g bow front reef tank I added today..... 15 fish over 20 corals. Inverts anems ect... . Should I run the light opposite of my reef lighting..... Or should they run the same time.... Or does it even matter....? Fyi been a reefer for 15 years.... Just joined this forum.... First ever post! From Natrona Heights, PA (20 minutes north of Pittsburgh)

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to the western PA reefer club! Lol...but seriously, in terms of your question it depends on what you have in the refugium. Some macro algaes use the opposite lighting schedule to prevent them from going sexual, like caulerpa, where others just don't care.

Personally, when it comes to what you are looking at it won't matter very much. There will be nutrient export, but I don't think you'll notice any unless the entire thing is packed with algae.

I just added 3 prices of rubble and a hand full of caulerpa

Hank u from w pa too????

Yeah, I'm still north of you. If you want to get the max nutrient export out of your HOB refugium, I'd ditch the rubble for more room of caulerpa. Some rubble won't do much if you have 1-1.5lbs of rock per gallon.

I'm at around 3 #'s of RPG

Yeah I also got a 6" sand bed! With 25#s of more Tonga rock coming tuesday.... The area in a 92 bow front is huge!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom