Remora skimmer on 75g reef, enough aeration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrooveControl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All, I do about 20% rodi water change every two weeks. Do i need to worry about aeration?

Thanks

Dan

yes, you need to worry about aeration. you can achieve this with a couple/few power heads though. the remora skimmer is WAY underpowered (as a filtration component) for even a lightly stocked 75 gallon tank however. water changes have nothing to do with aeration.

I have two powerheads, 1050 and 750.

Not sure what i'm talking about. But why would water changes not have anything to do with aeration. Unless of course aeration has nothing to do with oxygene level in the water.

My concern is the oxygen in the water. Does the skimmer add oxygen to the water? Do i need something specifically for that? Or am i introducing new oxygen everytime i change the water?

As you can tell, I really know nothing about this. Thanks.

The skimmer adds a tiny bit of flow, especially the remora. I have one myself. I wouldnt consider it a flow factor in the grand scheme of things.

Do you have a filter or a sump for this tank? that would provide more aeration as well.

Aeration in the SW tank is done by surface aggitation. Have some PH`s slightly pointed to the surface for good aeration.

Back
Top Bottom