Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water to Tank OK ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travelmadness

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is it good practice to add reverse osmosis purifed drinking water (purchased from purified water vending machine) as top-off water to replace evaporated water?

I think it would be but i have heard that sometimes they add stuff back into the water to make it better for you so i would check to see what if anything they add to it and make sure it is nothing that will be harmful........

I guess my question is, does anyone know if "Glacier Water" adds anything to their drinking water that would be harmful to an aquarium?

The glacier water machines where I live, add nothing bact to the water, it is carbon filtered, sediment filtered, RO filtered and UV sterilized. The biggest problem with the machine water is the volume that they do, if it has been a while since it's been serviced, it may need filters or the membrane replced. I spot check mine and pay attention to the service stickers on the machine.

I used glacier water machines to do water changes and top offs for my tank before I got my RO filter...Worked great for me! Got tired of lugging water jugs around after a while :wink:

Back
Top Bottom