Ricttiri anemone turns itself upside down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are t8 lights. I got the t5 with them, but upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
They are juwel lights. I've been told they are fine for that anenome, but thank you to everyone on this site for the support...which wasn't very good

Wait is it 2 t8 bulbs or 2 t5ho bulbs? What I'd be doing if I were you is doing as much research on H. magnifica as you can and looking at upgrading your lights if you want any hope of it living longer than a month or so.

I have 2 t8 bulbs, one blue one white one.

To keep your anemone alive, it will need much more lighting. Think of them like a flower that needs to be in direct sunlight.
Please understand, though it sounds like everyone is raining on your parade at this point, we don't want to see things turn out poorly for you or your new anemone friend.
Anemone need intense lighting to survive. It is normally suggested that they get a 6 bulb T5HO, MH, or 2-3 watt per diode LED panel. Though if this is a small tank, as we haven't had that part mentioned a 4 bulb T5HO unit could work as well.
Lighting aside, keeping your water parameters pristine and stable will assist you in keeping your anemone. When tanks are young, the parameters can fluctuate at times. To combat this, I would test my water frequently to ensure everything in the water column is pristine for your anemone...or if not you are able to do a quick water change to get it back to that point.

They are juwel lights I've been told they are fine for that anenome but thankyou to everyone on this site for the support which wasn't very good

You really need to stop listening to who ever is telling you this, THEY ARE DUMB OR LIEING, plain and simple. T8 bulbs will barely be enough for soft coral ( if that) probably only macros. They are leading you to a tank crash. But I'm guessing your going to keep on listening to them because they're telling you what you want to hear, I foresee a "my anemone died for no reason" thread a couple weeks in your future. Either way I'm done, good luck to you

I give it less than a month under those lights. Good luck to you.

They are juwel lights. I've been told they are fine for that anenome, but thank you to everyone on this site for the support...which wasn't very good

Sorry you didn't like the advice you were given by very knowledgeable folks that do this for FREE. The LFS is making a buck off of you, we here aren't. You might not have liked the replies you received, but they were for the betterment of a live creature. Sometimes hearing that you were lied to by a store that you trust sucks but that's life. I would suggest when asking for advice on an advice site that you try listening instead of being dismissive.

Whoever told you a T8 bulb is an upgrade is outright lying to you. Everyone who knows anything about lights will say the same thing. T-12 are the worst, T8 and fine for a kitchen, T5 are better and T5HO are best.

T12 vs T8 vs T5: "T-12"...As Outdated As Your Granparents Bingo Game?

For an anemone, you will require at least 6 x T5HO bulbs to get it to live. Or less expensive high quality LED units (55 x 3Watt LED ). The sooner you take the anemone back to the store and raise a stink about their selling techniques, the more likely you are to get a refund. The longer you wait, the more likely they will say its your fault he died. He will die! Sorry. Just like you cannot live without water to drink, he cannot live without intense lighting.

Back
Top Bottom