Right height above tank for light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of light what size tank and what's in the tank?

kjboer7 said:
What kind of light what size tank and what's in the tank?

Flame angle, beauty coral, percula 175 halagon

I just got the whole tank on cl have it up and running. Im not sure about all the fish names.

What size tank I'd say a couple inches like 5 or 6

Mine are about 5" I have two 1x150 mh and it doesn't heat my water and my bottom corals are doing great in a 125gal

Like I said I just took over this tank it has some algae growth and some purple coloring on the live rock will the purple spread to other live rock? Is so how long does take to start?

Algae growth??? Like hair looking stuff??? And the purple will spread it doesn't take to long a couple weeks but to be full it might take some time... Pictures would help

Sorry aiptasia which is a glass anemone you'll want to kill those with straight lime juice in a syringe or joes juice..... The green I would pull off the rock and clean the rock with a new tooth brush in old tank water. I would do the same with the yellow but I'm not sure what that is. It looks like the Rock is fairly new it'll take a little time for it to get color. But the tank needs a good cleaning before you add any livestock I would clean it and do a couple water changes before adding anything

Back
Top Bottom