ro/di

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Buying distilled water is getting very old and expensive, especially when running a hyposalinity tank along with my main tank. Does anybody have a RO/DI unit where you can get just RO water for drinking before it goes through the DI part for the aquarium? If anybody has a unit that produces both RO water for drinking and then RO/DI water for the aquarium and they recommend it, I would love to know what unit you got to maybe help limit my choices. Thanks.

I am pretty sure all of the units have a spigot to dispense the RO water before it goes to the DI cartidge. I know there are units that connect to your sink so you can have a faucet to dispense the RO water in your kitchen. I installed mine behind my washing machine so it was out of sight and close to where I store my water this is it here Melevsreef.com - 100gpd RO/DI System shipped for under 200 bucks glad I bought it. And the filter refills are the standard size available locally.

Ebay has pretty good units and at a very good price. Mine is for the SW tank only. You can get one for under a hundred dollars on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom