RO/DI Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpentman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking at various RO/DI systems. They appear to be plenty of reasonably prices systems on ebay. I have noticed some come with a tank and others without.

How necessary is a tank? Is it just for storage or does it serve another purpose?

Tank is mostly used for ro drinking water and is not necessary.

I was just about to start a thread on RO/DI units. I am really tired of buying water to put in my tanks and drinking the water out of my faucet....who runs my household??? Anyways I had never really looked at RO/DI units before because I assumed they were pricey, but I have just about decided it is something worth investing in. I know if I had invested in one originally I would have already saved the cost of a unit just by not having to buy topoff water. The point of this is I was wanting to know what RO/DI units everyone uses and what they think about them. A little but of accompanying information regarding your tanks would be helpful as well. Such as total gallons of all tanks and if your unit produces plenty of water?? Anything would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I use a 110GPD RO/DI system from Filter Direct. It has the pressurized tank, which I think is nice. It holds about 3 gallons, so those first few gallons come out really fast. Without the water coming from the tank, the system takes a long time to fill up the bucket. I just fill 3 gallons, wait a couple hours, then fill again.

I have a 46gal tank and do approx. 5 gallon water changes. The RO/DI produces plenty for me. The tank is also handy when I need drinking water, or when I want to top of the tank real fast for evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom