RO/DI water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klauspabst

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do I really need ri/do water or can I go without it? Where can I get a good (inexpensive) system. What should I be looking for. Sorry for so many questions!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have a saltwater, then you should buy one so you can have the best water quality. However, you can also buy the water or use distilled (Make sure you still test it.) In my opinion, if you have a small tank (15 or less) then just buy the water. If you have a big tank, it is a great investment and will pay itself off in no time.

yes, ebay and RODI. I started with a RO unit and found I needed a DI unit to keep the hair algae down. Good luck!

P.S. If you don't ask you can't learn from our mistakes!

Last edited:
If you have a Walmart close, the Great Value brand Drinking Water is RO/DI. Says so right on the label.

be a Craligsist Troll and look through the listings everyday to see if you can find some deals. also join your local reefer's club. they usually have members selling stuffs that are no longer needed.

you dont really "need" to eat healthy, but itll help you live longer and have a stronger immune system

Back
Top Bottom