RO/DI water storage...chem use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbeef61

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey, i was wondering how some people store their ro/di water for use between water changes...do you store it and then put salt in or salt then store? also, do you still use chems like PRIME and stuff before water changes or does the RO/DI take care of all that? just give me a little info on how you use your setup and store your water and perform changes. thanks

Mbeef61 said:
hey, i was wondering how some people store their ro/di water for use between water changes...do you store it and then put salt in or salt then store?
Either or, it shouldn't matter really. Just be sure that if it's saliniated you verify the salinity before use and aerate well to be sure pH is stable.

also, do you still use chems like PRIME and stuff before water changes or does the RO/DI take care of all that?
Prime isn't needed with an RO unit. The prefilters will take care of chlorine, chloramines & some metals. The RO (and DI if used) will take care of the rest.

just give me a little info on how you use your setup and store your water and perform changes. thanks
I use rubbermaid bins to store saltwater. For plain RO/DI I use the 5 gal water jugs. Water changes are done on an as needed basis.

Cheers
Steve

I mix and store my water in a 32 gal rebbermaid garbage can. I have a Ph and heater in there at all times. I try and keep at least 20 gals of mixed water on hand at all times. Have kept water over 2 months with no issues.....

Back
Top Bottom