RO Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello folks,
I am looking into a RO unit from Aquatic Life (RO Buddie). The problem is the instructions say the optimal water temp should be around 77. I live in Michigan and there is no way that I can get that kinda temp in my cold water line.

So the question is what will be the units efficiency if I use it? Will it work or I will be just wasting gallons after gallons without getting anything.

Thanks

It's cold in England and my production is about 60% of what it should be, sometimes less. I've tried a few things to increase the temperature and the only thing that worked for me was to connect the water in pipe to an outside tap and feed the line thru the kitchen unit and then keep the actual unit in the house. I also feed the waste in to barrels and use it for cleaning the car and doing housework with!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm in North dakota so I'm with ya man. I run mine off my washers cold water line using a 3 way fitting used for sprinkler systems. The hose adapter that comes with it fits perfectly and only cost me 5 bucks. Just make sure to use Teflon tape and don't over tighten it. My water comes out at about 50 degrees and I get 30-35 gallons a day. I offset this by using 20 gallon container for the water to go in. I couldn't justify buying a bigger unit then 50 gpd because I don't really feel like It matters. Just be prepared for the worst. I typically keep 40 gallons of ro/Di water on standby

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks like you guys are seconding my suspicion. I will loose much more than advertised. Still better than going to lfs 10 mile round trip, paying 39 cents a gallon and lugging 5 gallon buckets.

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My setup is in basement so can't use washer or outside tap. I do have a sink so will use that.

I will make one suggestion for the ro buddie. Do not buy their Di cartridge. It 3x smaller then any Di cartridge I've ever seen. Just order the 3 stage ro buddie and get a Di only unit from bulk reef supply.

Will the di from brs fit on ro buddy?

They both take standard .25 inch tubing. You just can't mount it onto the ro buddy. They are the same price and you get 3x the resin with the brs one.

Great:), thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom