RO unit for nano tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is more economical for a 20 gallon nano tank (going to start off fish only) a RO unit or just buying the sea water from my LFS?

Depends on how far away your LFS is! I prefer to buy mine from the store as it is close to me and they get new shipments weekly - can be dangerous every time I go get water I come home with a new frag :)

Depends on how far away your LFS is! I prefer to buy mine from the store as it is close to me and they get new shipments weekly - can be dangerous every time I go get water I come home with a new frag :)

So what do you use when you top off your tank? Or do you just do a water change instead of topping off

I buy ro di from there as well. I have 3 x 25litre tubs and fill 2 with salt and one ro di so I can do regular top offs so I end up going once a fortnight...

Try purewaterclub.com they have some inexpensive units. Why would you buy ro water from a store when its much cheaper to make your own. Just a suggestion don't buy one to small in case at a later date you decide to go bigger on the tank.

I live in a small apartment, I honestly don't know where I would put bins for making/storing water. My 3x 25 litre drums fit under my tank. It costs me $2 to fill them and I am happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom