RODI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should always aim for the lowest number possible. But like it's been said, people do reefs with tap. It's not necessary, but it's helpful. Depending on whats in your water dictates what negative effects you could see in your tank.

Ya you can test your water with the same water testing kits you use to check your tank water.. I tested my tap water and had 1ppm ammonia right out of the tap so when I was doin water changes to get rid of ammonia I was adding more, not good. Then to check TDS you can buy a hand held meter, they are around $30.

Shane.

If you don't have a phosphate kit, that's another one to test for. I don't really know of any others.

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
If you don't have a phosphate kit, that's another one to test for. I don't really know of any others.

im gns buy a sslt water kit soon should i buy api master salt or api master reef?

iDreamInSaltwater said:
A TDS meter as well, not sure what kinda prices those go for

will look on amazon or s good sight if you can can suggest one because i need a refractomomenter(sp?) too

Most suggest you buy both. (But secretly neither Corey nor I have the reef kit. Shhh)

Between the reef master and SW master? Yeah, SW master has Ammo, Trite, Trate, and high range pH.

Reef master has calcium, phos, carbonate hardness, and trates

soo buy both or salt dont wana spend 60bucks for both and lookin online the shipn for both will just makke it the same as buyin in store

I believe people have said that Walmart carries the SW master, IMO unless you're getting into SPS and really high light and all that the SW master is all you'll need. Added it's essential to track your cycle

i want button polyps green duncan polyp mushrooms are those sps? im stiill learing soo much and its hard to remember

Lol, no those are softies, easy stuff to care for.

Look at LiveAquaria.com, they categorize corals. LPS and softies/polyps are what you'd be looking at for the light you're planning on, 2-bulb T5HO Nova Extreme right?

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Lol, no those are softies, easy stuff to care for.

Look at LiveAquaria.com, they categorize corals. LPS and softies/polyps are what you'd be looking at for the light you're planning on, 2-bulb T5HO Nova Extreme right?

yessir mainly soofties is wat i want ilove live aquaria n that fixture is wht im planin on or a current USA 2 bulb t5

The Nova is from Current USA :lol:, did you look at fishneedit.com? A great 2ft 2-bulb T5HO fixture, only $65 without shipping.

iDreamInSaltwater said:
The Nova is from Current USA :lol:, did you look at fishneedit.com? A great 2ft 2-bulb T5HO fixture, only $65 without shipping.

im such a sw newb il check i really dont wana pay out the arse for shippin th site i had had a fixture for 50buckks free shipping

Back
Top Bottom