Rodi system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_2054.JPGIMG_2059.JPGIMG_2055.JPG

This is my ro system for drinking water but I need a rodi for 0ppm and I was thinking of getting a separate di unit and plug it into my ro system whenever I need water. Will this method work?

DI Systems

This is the di unit I am talking.

And have any of you guys bought a rodi system from eBay?

I can't speak for the system in pictures or on EBAY. But you are in the right place as most here use the cheap/overpriced in the long run "buddy" type systems .
Yes you can T and have a shut off valve to turn the DI on and off when you want.
I make straight RO [no di] in 44g brute and ro/di in a 32g brute off the same system.
IO have shut offs on both in case I want to take water and not have it refill[I have float valves in each brute].

I can't speak for the system in pictures or on EBAY. But you are in the right place as most here use the cheap/overpriced in the long run "buddy" type systems .
Yes you can T and have a shut off valve to turn the DI on and off when you want.
I make straight RO [no di] in 44g brute and ro/di in a 32g brute off the same system.
IO have shut offs on both in case I want to take water and not have it refill[I have float valves in each brute].

Or should I just buy a whole rodi unit for reef?

If you have that and it works you should be able to add di.The di will get you to zero no problem.
I will just say this about the cheap units..
They aren't cheap if they don't take common 10"filters.
If you have to buy "their " filter you will be burned in so many ways over time or until they change...
I am BRS..I am also overboard on everything ...
But they use common cartridges I can get anywhere...

Just simply have 1 line for drinking water and a valve that you can turn on/off to direct water into the DI chunk so you can make water for your tank. Resin is expensive, but is also rumored to not be healthy to drink. You could simply take the waste line right into the drain and secure it there.

Back
Top Bottom