Rose bulb anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Supra

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just introduced a rose bulb anemone into my aquarium and my clown is wanting to host it. Problem is my rose bulb keeps going stiff and gets stiffer the more it plays in it. Is it trying to reject the clown???

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It's a fairly large anemone pretty decent size big enough for the clown but I jut checked on it and it's started to move around and has opened up now I think it was just kind of stressed

Ok now what am I supposed to do when it moves behind my rock!?!?!? I want it to be out and noticeable not hidden in the shadows

You can't control where the anemone goes. It is a living creature after all. Still sounds like the clown is too rough on it. But to be safe, how long have you had the anemone, how big is the tank, what kind of lighting is over the tank, and current parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you mean by the clown is too rough??? My LFS has to order a new test kit as they have ran out of a lot of the things they need so I don't know my parameters. The rose bulb seems to have moved to the back of the rock and is staying there completely opened but not a lot of light reaches that area is there a way I could encourage it to move???

Pointing a powerhead towards it could help it to...make a decision to move...but it could retreat further into the rocks and with less light = dead anemone.
But, I again am curious as to the size of the tank and the lighting over it. An anemone on the move is not a happy anemone. There is a reason for that.
When it comes to checking parameters, you need to get a test kit of your own. If you want to keep a creature as sensitive as an anemone, you need to know what is going on in that tank. Your LFS not having what is necessary to test on top of many using inaccurate test strips over liquid tests leaves too much to fail IMO.
In terms of an anemone being 'too rough', this happens all the time. Think of it as an abusive relationship if that helps. The fish wants the relationship to continue and as it swims through the anemone is nips and bites at it along with rubbing up against it. This might be too much for the anemone, causing the type of stress. It is uncommon, but not rare enough not to put the idea on the plate.

It's a 50 gallon FOWLR. The fish was nipping a little bit and rubbing against it about 20 minutes after I introduced the nem to the tank I saw on someone else's thread that the lights I have are not good enough for nems supposedly but I did not know that until late last night after I got the nem my uncle gave them to me off of his sump it's Orbit LEDs??? I believe he said he said? He told me they could support them and corals so I took them

I had the orbit led's on my 50 gallon cube and my RBTA wasn't very happy. It stretched out towards the light. I got rid of the orbits and got a kessil 350w now my RBTA is happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also just put one in mine. He went on the move but I believe he found a spot. I have hydras .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ph- 8.0
Alk- 40
Sal-1.026
Calc-400
Mag-1300

I put my RBTA at the top of my tank about 6-8 inches away from the light and it moved all the way down to the back corner or the tank I moved the rock around and there's light hitting hit it's completely out and covering the clown

Yea mine is now upside down on a rock. Crazy

Hm! That's odd do RBTAs like a lot of current??? Or less current because it's in a spot with barley any current.

So I did some research an found out that they like to burry their boot/foot deep into rock crevices and that's what I found haha it's a very deep crevice in a rock

Back
Top Bottom