S/W using external filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am setting up a 75g S/W tank but will be using externals instead of a sump. The reason for this is the unit that came with the tank is not suitable and won't fit a sump. Also the tank is not drilled and i don't want to take the risk.

My question is will it be possible and what problems if any will I encounter by using the external filters. Has anyone done this or had experience in using externals?

I have a CPR Aquafuge PS which hangs on the back of my 30. It is the largest size and is quoted as being for up to 75 gal tanks. I really like it. the cheato is growing like mad, I have 5 lbs of small rock rubble in it. The skimmer works well too. I got it off ebay for $120 plus shipping. Something to consider.

Ingy said:
I have a CPR Aquafuge PS which hangs on the back of my 30. It is the largest size and is quoted as being for up to 75 gal tanks. I really like it. the cheato is growing like mad, I have 5 lbs of small rock rubble in it. The skimmer works well too. I got it off ebay for $120 plus shipping. Something to consider.

I have a eheim 2226 and a fluval 305 external that I am going to fill with live rock rubble, there will be 30kg of live rock in the tank as well. I am looking for a skimmer but won't be getting one for about another month as funds are tight at the mo. do you think it will work ok?

I can't hang anything on the back of the tank as there is no room.

Back
Top Bottom